Thursday, June 29, 2006

Update on Superman Returns Review and The Daily Advertiser

I know I promised a review of Superman Returns a few days ago. As you all know, life sometimes has a way of getting in the way of, well, living. Of doing doing the things that you enjoy about living. One of those things was going see Superman Returns and sharing my thoughts about it with you. I will have a review up tomorrow no later than ten A.M.

A few days ago, I contacted a friend of mine, Trevis Badeaux, who writes for The Daily Advertiser. Trevis knew of my love of Star Wars and interviewed me when Revenge of the Sith was released. I contacted him about Superman Returns, letting him know that if he was going to be doing a story, I could offer some help.

Little did I know that I would be the story. I made the front page of yesterday's edition, though there was no picture of me because it didn't occur to me to offer to send one over. At any rate, the article is well-done and was a pleasant surprise. I really didn't think I'd warrant more than a paragraph, but the article quotes not only my comments from the interview, but also comments made in my last blog entry about Superman Returns and the original Christopher Reeve Superman films. I want to take this time to thank Alexandria Burris for making Christopher Meaux--and "Ramblings"-- news on the front page of that great metropolitan newspaper, The Daily Advertiser.

To any of you who are reading "Ramblings" for the first time as a result of that article, forgive me for not being prepared. I was caught unawares by this article, which I didn't expect would make it into the paper into the weekend. I was knee-deep in the final hours of a three-day study and work marathon for my final portfolio and exam in a class at UL when my wife and two friends let me know that I had indeed made the front page. So I didn't get a chance to post anything here about the article until now. Anyway, welcome to "Ramblings" and please keep checking back.

Tomorrow, as promised, I'll have that review. Though in true Meauxses fashion, I can't just give you the review. Part I of my piece on Superman Returns will be on the experiences leading up to, while, and watching the film. I'll also explain a movie-watching tradition I've long kept going. Part II will be my review of the film, which will involve a spoiler-free version as well as a version for those who have seen the movie and want to hear some more in-depth thoughts about some of the slightly shocking moments of Superman Returns.

Folks, I've been pumped for this film for months, and I felt a real charge when I went see it both Tuesday night and last night. In fact, I'm writing this at 12:48 A.M., having just returned from my second viewing of the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, take this nerd's word for it and go out and watch it.

Meauxses

No comments: