Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's official: I'm going to my first comic book convention!

Greetings, Ramblers.

I haven't posted here in a while, as I've been working on Rambling's sister blog, The Trektastic Voyage, which got coverage in last week's Sunday Advertiser.

But I have an announcement I want to share with you, my loyal if often silent readership.

I'm going to my first comic book convention!

I've never been to a convention in all my years of loving comics. There were various reasons, none of them important. But now, I've realized I have the opportunity and the resources to go to a convention that won't require a plane trip to attend.

I'll be going to Wizard World Texas, held in Arlington, Texas from November 10th through November 12th. I reserved a room at a nearby hotel and now all that remains is to buy tickets for the convention. I'll be going up Friday and returning sometime Saturday evening.

Since I'm a convention virgin, I'll be bringing along my digital camera and camcorder. I'll post pics and videos for your viewing pleasure, and will chronicle the whole journey here on Ramblings. I'll also be doing a special edition of The Trektastic Voyage, which will of course go on despite the convention.

More to come as November draws nearer...

Chris

No comments: