Thursday, October 23, 2014

BRIDE OF 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN! DAY 23: BEWARE "THE SMILING MAN!"


Grinning people have always scared me. I think it might be due to the fear of clowns I developed at an early age, but by the time I saw Jack Nicholson as The Joker in Tim Burton's Batman, I was no longer just scared by sinister smiles; I was fascinated. I myself have a smile that I've been told is creepy when paired with wide eyes. That said, the guy with the creepiest grin, who inspired the look of The Joker in 1940, was actor Conrad Veidt in his role as the clown Gwynplaine in the movie 'The Man Who Laughs." His grisly grin seems to be in the inspiration for a Creepypasta "true story" called "The Smiling Man," which inspired this short film of the same name. Enjoy, and beware anyone who smiles far too much and too long.

No comments: