Tuesday, October 07, 2014

BRIDE OF 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN! DAY 7: HAUNTED SITES IN LAFAYETTE AND BEYOND!


I came across HauntedPlaces.org recently, which happened to have a page dedicated to the Lafayette area but which also includes Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and other areas in Louisiana beyond Acadiana. I'm familiar with a good number of the sites listed on the page and have investigated two of them, Marland's Bridge in Sunset and the Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville.  I didn't encounter any ghostly activity in either visit, but I enjoyed making the trip to both places and learning more about the areas from locals.


I encourage you to consider making a visit to one of these sites. Haunted or otherwise, most of these locations are in beautiful areas of Louisiana you may not be familiar with and have a rich history. If you're lucky, you'll have an enjoyable day exploring and manage to have a supernatural encounter in the process.

No comments: