Monday, October 28, 2013

SON OF THIRTY-ONE DAYS OF HALLOWEEN! DAY 28: THE TELL-TALE HEART... ANIMATED!


One of the main reasons I'm writing SON OF THIRTY-ONE DAYS OF HALLOWEEN! and why I love the horror genre so much is because of the experiences I had reading the works of Edgar Allan Poe as a child. No other literature during my formative years (outside of comic books) captured my imagination and thrilled me as much as Poe's stories. I was well-known in high school for my readings of Poe's The Raven in speech classes, as well as my performance of that poem and The Tell-Tale Heart in prose/poetry competitions.

Years ago, while watching the special features for the first Hellboy film, I discovered an animated adaptation of The Tell-Tale Heart. It brought me back to the feeling I had when I first read the story, as well as Poe's other works. Though mild by our standards today, The Tell-Tale Heart was the first animated film to be given an X rating in the UK and was also nominated for an Academy Award.

Poe and Halloween are made for each other, so enjoy this brief animated adaptation of one of Edgar Allan Poe's most beloved short stories, The Tell-Tale Heart.

No comments: